Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tarte – Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation


I’ve had this foundation for a while and worn it every day for the past two weeks. My shade is light if you are wondering. It is 38 dollars, but it does come with quite a lot product (1.7Fl. Oz) compared to other foundations. 

Before I start, my main concern is uneven skin tone and tiny breakouts. My skin is dry/normal.
I would say the coverage is medium, if you have ongoing blemishes, you still need a concealer. It does cover acne scars pretty nicely for me, but not so much for sun spots.
The consistence is rather weird in my opinion. It looks like cream, but feels very silky, quite like Benefit Porefessional. I figure it all out after discovering silica as an ingredient.

It feels so light on the skin that I barely notice its existence. The finish is to die for. It hides most of the imperfections, and at the same time looks very natural and airbrushing. 
The most amazing thing of this foundation is the lasting power. It lasts a whole day on me without touching up. I’m not sure whether it lasts for 12 hours or not because I don’t wear a foundation that long, but definitely lasts for 8 hours.  It doesn’t only last, but also looks rather fresh in the afternoon. It might work quite differently for oily skin, but from my experience, it is gorgeous.
It almost sounds like the perfect foundation. However, I have to make sure my skin is well moisturized before applying it, otherwise it emphasizes the dry patches.

7 comments:

  1. looks lovely 

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also have this foundation... love the feel of it... but it doesn't wear as well on my combination, oily t-zone face

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how different it is comparing to the tinted moisturizer... 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review this makes me think Im in need of a new faundation

    ReplyDelete
  5.  I don't have the tinted moisturizer, so  I can not tell. You can ask for a sample at Sephora to test it out. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks.
     I sincerely think it is a good foundation.Try to get a sample first because it could work quite differently for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product is on my wish list and it sounds like it's worth buying, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...